Monday 25 April 2022

More and More - In a Vase this Monday

 Another miniature vase showcasing the Narcissus 'More and More'.  


This delightful little jonquil is in flower and looks like there will be stems for a couple more weeks.  The lovely little blue is from a plant given to me by Barbara on Saturday.  With new plants, it is a good idea to remove flowers to ensure the plant spends its energy in growing new roots and establishing themselves.  The lovely blue is from Omphaloides 'Cherry Ingram', and the purple leaves from Euphorbia dulcis 'Chameleon'.  This is the smaller thumb sized vases I use for snowdrops.




As we walked round the Bishop's Palace this morning identifying  stones as part of our Geology Walk, I noticed that they have started to placing good. In an area under the Holm Oaks which has recently been developed, a large number of 'Cherry Ingrams' had been planted out to good effect around the tree ferns.  What a picture they made on the sunny morning. The blue looked most effective in the shade.

I have just finished reading a most excellent book, which with his interest in the Medieval Period, Mr S is now reading though he may just stop after the Victorian period. It is 'Taste' by Kate Colquhoun.  After reading her book on Paxton, I was delighted to find that her book on The Story of Britain through its Cooking, was available at our local library.

It is a little late in the day but I have great pleasure in joining Cathy on her weekly ramble down the garden to pick a few flowers.




8 comments:

  1. Oh that's a dinky littel vase. Noelle! The leaves of the euphorbia are really eyecatching - how tall does it grow? However, I am puzzled by the verbena as I have this plant but it didn't have flowers like this, but more of a soft purple and flowering much later, and googling has confirmed this - so what is your plant then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I had a senior moment there, and copied a name I had written in my book. Indeed I had bought a Bampton at the Plant sale, but well spotted. I have corrected this and replaced it with Omphloides 'Cherry Ingram' which Barbara had given me. The Euphorbia grows to about 30cm max and by cutting it down after each flowering get about three flushes a year. They do self seed but very easy to find, I think the ants must spread the seeds.

      Delete
  2. If you hadn't declared that this vase was a miniature size, I wouldn't have realized that upon first glance, Noelle - the arrangement reads big! I love the new-to-me blue Veronica.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry but I made a mistake and this is Omphloides 'Cherry Ingram', which is now corrected in the text.

      Delete
  3. Noelle, this is lovely! The narcissus just shout joy and I love the color of your Omphaloides 'Cherry Ingram'. Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely vase....the blue flowers look gorgeous under the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A dear little vase Noelle! I especially like that Euphorbia and am now regretting not buying a similar one I saw today…

    ReplyDelete