Monday 19 December 2022

The Cheat's Way for In a Vase on Monday

 I learnt from Cathy last week, that this time of the year a little cheat can be excused.  Cathy each week is the cushion against which our arrangements snuggle in cosy formation even if we have been caught out as 'cheaters'. Cathy is very sweet and I am sure that her sticks and stones are not meant to be hurled my way but enjoyed!



I have dug deep and I believe others and I have used the following ruses:

Dried flowers and Seed Heads: three hydrangea heads not from our garden.

The lovely aqua coloured dried Hydrangea Seed Heads were kindly given to me by a fellow WI member when we attended Carolyn's home a couple of weeks ago.  We all made table centre arrangements with a workshop from Alison who used to post on our get together regularly.  Alison now runs Floral Acre full time. I was surprised to hear that the Hydrangea has deep red flowers, and have been promised cuttings in the spring. The Poppy Seed heads come from my garden.


Props consist of a pretty silk and silver decoration I made at our WI Kenilworth craft group under Kay's guidance back in 2008..I embroidered the date on the back in silver and it is brings back fond memories of our weekly get togethers.  The stars are beads on pipe cleaners a present many years ago from my daughter in law, and some little wooden robins in a naïve style reminiscent of the Folk Art which I used to admire greatly when we members of Compton Verney

No water...none required, and the arrangement will last well and will be refreshed with other props later.

Not a Vase but a platter.  A beautiful hand crafterepoussé Arts and Crafts Brass with Copper decorations 

Flowers not from our own garden as explained above

Flowers featured before as per the poppy heads.

There, I now promise to be good, to tell the truth and not to cheat expect if I have to!

Happy Christmas everyone, and a big thank you to our dear Cathy.




6 comments:

  1. Wonderful, Noelle. I like the poppy and hydrangea combination. Happy Christmas to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An extra level of creativity is always appreciated during the cold days leading up to the year-end holidays, Noelle. You've done a great job. Best wishes for a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is delightful and I am thrilled to see you thinking out of the box. I often think of Alison and I am pleased to hear she is doing well - do give her my regards when you are next in touch.The dried hydrangea blooms are such a curious colour, and I like you have added the star beads - such a good idea. And of course it's good to know you now have a very long-lasting decoration on that pretty platter of yours

    ReplyDelete
  4. A creative and lovely arrangement, Noelle. I have yet to get poppies to grow in my garden so your seed heads validate the authenticity (not that anyone minds pulling in items from other resources). Love hydrangeas, red ones sound divine. Enjoy your holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's really creative thinking Noelle and definitely not cheating! A most attractive platter and lovely non floral adornments too. I couldn't see the little robin for looking to start with and then realised it was because I expected to see a some red 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna, those little robins are old and were always a bit wane but I still live the naive style.

      Delete