Monday 12 December 2022

Wrist Warmers or Fingerless Mitts

 In this cooler weather, whether inside or outside keeping one's wrists warm makes such a difference.


Felicity Mitts for my sister

Last year my sister was delighted with the pair of fingerless mitts I sent her, and then my nephew asked for some as he was a 'computer professional' and his hands got cold.  These were made to my design and knitted in pure wool which is machine washable.



As I type this post I am wearing something similar to the ones I knitted for my sister except I forgot to add the eyelet row required for the fancy tip at the top, but did make both to match. Both pairs were knitted in fine Alpaca 4ply, which I had in my stash! 


Once you get the hang of knitting in the round which I do on fixed circular needles, they are really easy to knit.  On the back of 'parading' my mitts at a gathering of WI friends making a lovely Christmas table centre decoration, demand was such that someone suggested setting up a Knit and Natter group but not just to knit wrist warmers I ought to say!

I've just asked a non knitting friend and Queen Bee of the WI here, if she would like me to knit her a pair of wrist warmers she said yes.  And after she said what her favourite colours would be, I couldn't believe it that she chose colours which just matched a pair I have in my 'Stashed Box'!  I won't post the picture until she has been given them though.

1 comment:

  1. Most handy in this sort of weather Noelle 😀 They certainly must do the job they are intended for as well as look good.

    ReplyDelete