Tuesday 27 June 2023

Best Ginger Biscuits made in very little time.

 Yesterday I posted a picture of the ginger biscuits I made yesterday.  As Jill was called to collected her youngsters from Glastonbury, I sent a few of these for them to nibble on. I even had a message to say how much they enjoyed them. 


Here they are this time 'uncropped'.  The recipe is from Dan Lepard's Book which I have had since it was first published and has been a great inspiration to me, and even though from time to time I have had to adapt the recipe to suit the ingredients I had in the cupboard, I would highly recommend his book 'Short and Sweet', and on page 245 is the recipe for 'Spelt and ginger Cookies'.  He does not stipulate which type of spelt, and had I had it I would have used white spelt, but having only Wholemeal Spelt for my breadmaking, used that, and of course as usual I used goat's butter.

Since I found the recipe on line at Larder and Life, I let you explore it there, and hope you have a chance to make these. If you only have white wheat flour or other plain flour, please do still try them.  By the way another ruse of mine is to make my own 'stem ginger in syrup', the easy way that it.  I fill a pretty glass jar with the candied ginger I get from Grapetree, pour a little hot water and a good tablespoon Tate and Lyell's golden syrup, or you could use honey, and in a day or two the ginger will have plumped up beautifully, after turning the jar around a few times.  I use it like that for all sorts of dishes: on melon, in flapjacks, on seared pan-fried salmon etc.



No comments:

Post a Comment