Monday 20 November 2023

Mincemeat and Apple upside down pudding

Autumn is time for puddings and tonight we had a slice of Upside-down Mincemeat and Apple Pudding.  I had some apples needing to be used, lovely two year vintage home made mincemeat, and milk to use up.

I had torn the recipe from Waitrose's weekend newspaper, and had it in the kitchen drawer.  However I wanted a smaller version, and the amounts prorated to 2 eggs was perfect for a seven inch deep sandwich tin.  The pudding baked in the oven as the same time as our jacket potato and other items for supper.


 A little more mincemeat and a brandy sauce would make a rather good Christmas dessert. For us the two egg quantity will serve six portions. Two will probably go into the freezer to keep for another time.

3 comments:

  1. I regularly make pineapple upside down cake with slices left over from a tin opened for pizza topping but as my husband is a fan of all things mincemeat I think I will give apple and mincemeat a go.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your husband will love this desert. The spice in the sponge adds another layer of flavours too. I sticky sauce would be an added luxury for a special occasion. Next time I shall substitute one third of the flour for ground almonds.

      Delete
  2. It looks delicious Noelle 😋

    ReplyDelete