Sunday 11 February 2024

Apple, Pecan and Cinnamon Buns

 I recently joined 'Bake with Jack' Home Baker's Club, and decided to start with the
Apple, Pecan and Cinnamon Buns.  I had only watched half way through the detailed video, and thought I could go ahead and try the recipe.  First mistake: I did not read properly through the whole recipe or watch all the videos to the end!

If you are not yet a member of the Baker's Club, the full recipe and YouTube link is easily followed.

These are the buns just before they went in the oven.  I realised that I had forgotten to put the cinnamon in with the apple when I was cooking these.  I used coxes orange pippin apples, and gave the buns a light sprinkle of cinnamon just before they were popped in..



I tried to cook both sheets in the oven at the same time, as I had yet to get to part of the video when Jack advised cooking only a single tray at a time to get an even bake.


I also didn't do the icing and sprinkle nuts in the order Jack suggested, but sprinkled the nuts first then iced them, which I think is one step better as the icing helps keep the nuts on the buns.  Half I did not ice so as to be able to freeze them.  Had I watched all the tips before baking I would have realised that for those that were to be frozen, no nuts or icing until the buns are defrosted and refreshed.  

All in all these buns are absolutely delicious, and I shall keep the cinnamon to add as a sprinkle as the apple is fragrant with the lemon juice and sugar, plus I added the zest of the lemon to the apples. 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sandra came over to join me for a little walk, and we had afternoon tea and a bun each afterwards.



No comments:

Post a Comment