Monday 5 February 2024

Snowdrops and friends In a Vase on Monday

 Snowdrops and Cyclamen coum are coming up in the garden.  They make good bed fellows, as the coum corns are relative small, and the leaves not as extensive as the C. hederifolium.  

This week's little arrangement consists of a number of the named varieties.  I had picked these as I had a number of friends come round for coffee and cake(s) on Friday.  We sat in the conservatory, but that is where they chose even though we were packed in there. I had quite a few compliments about the garden,  most had not seen anything other than the Nivalis, and enjoyed viewing the differences close up in the little vase.


Again another charming and different snowdrop is Galanthus Diggory.  This was a gift several years ago from Anna, and the outer petals curve in and are pleated reminding me of seersucker fabric.


 As usual I am linking this post to Cathy's post, and anyone who wishes to post and link in their arrangements using flowers and greenery from their gardens is welcome to join in.


12 comments:

  1. A pretty welcome to February and I love the horses. Amelia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amelia, the horse is part of a set of Terracotta Army soldiers we bought when we were visiting the site years ago.

      Delete
  2. The 2 flowers make a lovely combination, Noelle. I do envy your snowdrops. Your conservatory get-together sounds wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kris, we have just the right climate for snowdrops, but would you really want the cold wet winters? Every gardener just makes the best of what they have. I enjoy growing a variety of spring beauties most of all.

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful vase and a lovely gift of that snowdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yours is such a sweet little vase too, giving as much pleasure as a larger more colourful posy, and picking several 'specials' like this gives you and youe visitors the chance to admire and cmpare the differences. I had a replacement Diggory from Anna last year, now in bud, and am looking forward to seeing his blooms as I think my previous one didn't reach flowering stage. Thanks for sharing yours, Noelle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy, some of these specials are so slow to increase, or even disappear. I still love the easier ones as much for their tenacity and ability to increase.

      Delete
  5. Such a pretty combination of flowers, Noelle. :)
    I have a cyclamen in a pot, well a bulb, at least, which I am hoping regrows when it is meant to. Which reminds me, I must find out when that is likely to be in my climate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, also all cyclamen are deciduous and have a dormant period, the trick is to keep cool and not over water.

      Delete
  6. They do go so well together Noelle, and having the snowdrops in a vase makes it a lot easier to appreciate the differences between them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They grow together in the garden too, making for a lovely combination. Today Wednesday, I have picked more to take round for a friend who is unwell, thought she could play 'spot the difference' with the different snowdrops and cyclamen.

      Delete
  7. Oh a fine pairing Noelle. I wonder what other 'drops you have got in your vase 🤔 I think that 'Diggory' might well be my all time favourite 😍

    ReplyDelete