Wednesday 30 October 2019

Autumn Lunch

I've added  to my first pumpkin of 2019...all bought....



a few more....not all of them!!


and a couple bought whilst on holiday on Gower....not for Halloween but for eating over the next couple of months or so.

One of the several butternut squashes was roasted today.  Four slices make up lunch today, topped with braised lentils, pineapple chutney and Roasted Red Pepper and Chili Sauce.  The watercress was locally grown, and dressed with a lemon and olive oil dressing.plus a slice of sourdough to mop up  juices.


It really was no effort to put this together..and whilst the pumpkin was roasting I was out in the garden cutting down the runnerbeans.

I had made up a whole batch of the lentils some time ago, and had pulled out a pot from the freezer last night, and that went into the oven to heat through....The pineapple chutney is one I always have by...it goes with so many things, that as soon as I have just a jar left, I make another batch!



The Roasted Red Pepper and Chili Sauce is a new one for me, and having been made a couple of weeks ago, the flavours have blended beautifully.  I had such a good harvest of chilis from the garden, I wanted to devise a sauce to showcase them.  This is one I shall be making regularly.  I've mixed some with mayonnaise for a dressing, had it splashed on top of 'grills' etc...It makes a great dip for veggies and also on top of hummus.


No comments:

Post a Comment