Friday 22 July 2022

Nectarine and Almond Cake

 Yesterday I was hunting down a Polenta Cake Recipe I had made a couple of years ago, and having found it, went to the source at Italy on my Mind.  I had a few minutes to spare, so looked at some of the other recipes which Paola wrote about more recently. My eye rested on her Apricot and Almond Cake post which includes the recipe. 

I didn't wish to go out to buy apricots, knowing that I had a few nectarines that were ready in the basket, I opted to adapt the recipe to use slices of these as a topping.  I also used goat's butter, and for the raw sugar used golden cane caster sugar, with a brush of honey on the hot fruit to give them a glaze, and a dredging of icing sugar to serve.



The recipe is spot on, and the cake served with a little yogurt on the side make for a delicious dessert last night. I think a few braised apricots to serve on the side would have been nice, but all this was a little last minute. It used up the last of the Brandy which has lasted over seven years!  It followed pan fried breast of duck, with some of the first of the season French beans from the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment